Saturday, January 31, 2015

Retro Marvel

Marvel Special Edition Star Wars #2 Library Hardcover

In the late 1970s, Star Wars was a huge hit, so it makes sense that libraries would want to capitalize on that success.  The interior of this library hardcover is a Marvel Special Edition Star Wars #2.

Marvel Special Edition Star Wars #2 - Marvel Comics, U.S. (December 1977)
reprints Star Wars #4-6
library bound edition
The original cover would have been destroyed quickly by kids eager to read the exploits of their favorite Star Wars heroes, so this softcover was affixed to the hardcover making the comic more durable.

Marvel Special Edition Star Wars #2 - Marvel Comics, U.S. (December 1977)
reprints Star Wars #4-6
library bound edition - interior cover

3 comments:

  1. I have both #1 and #2 library editions. Any idea on value? I may be trading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot give you a precise price, but I would imagine a library edition would fetch a slight premium over a standard edition. Of course, condition is going to be the key with regards to the actual price you can get.

    I am always looking for oddball Star Wars comics for my collection and would be interested in these issue. You can send me an email or contact me on Facebook if you are interested in talking about this further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought 1 today at an antique store im curious how much they are worth

    ReplyDelete